Salary: $70,000 starting salary and commensurate with experience
Requirement: Minimum two (2) years of experience
Refcio & Associates is a full-service boutique law firm with a head office in London and satellite offices located in Burlington and Toronto. We are currently seeking an experienced Associate Lawyer to join our growing Litigation department on a full-time basis. The successful candidate is energetic, entrepreneurial, self-motivated and dedicated to lifelong continuing professional development. The expectation will be that the desired applicant will be eligible for our accelerated partnership opportunity.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Excellent academic credentials
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in litigation matters at all levels of Court (However, extremely ambitious New Calls may be considered and are encouraged to apply)
- Proven client management skills
- Strong analytical, communication and drafting skills
- Previous financial and business experience considered an asset
The main responsibilities for this role will include:
- Carriage of and responsibility for managing civil litigation files, with a focus on commercial litigation;
- Appearing independently on matters before all levels of the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, including appeals and Small Claims Court and various administrative tribunals.
If you are interested in this excellent career opportunity, please apply with your cover letter and resume online only.
Refcio & Associates is an equal-opportunity firm and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, religion, sex, or natural origin. Our firm takes affirmative action to ensure that employees are treated without regard to their race, colour, religion, sex, or national origin. Such action shall include, but not be limited to the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the volume of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.