Permanent full-time position, 35 hours per week.
Remuneration: Highly competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Requirement: Minimum 2 years’ experience
Application Deadline: Friday, March 29th
Refcio & Associates is a full-service law firm with offices in London, Burlington and Toronto. We are seeking an experienced Family Law Clerk to join our multi-lawyer firm to work in London on a full-time basis. This position will be responsible for providing administrative and legal support pertaining to various family law and estate matters in our fast-paced office environment. The successful candidate will be a well-rounded, organized individual, committed to excellence, and dedicated to continuous professional development.
The main responsibilities for this role will include:
- Supporting lawyers by assembling and organizing client documentation;
- Preparing necessary court forms for filing with the court, including but not limited to case conference briefs, settlement conference briefs, trial prep, and all other pleadings;
- Maintaining lawyer calendars by scheduling appointments, court dates and other arrangements as necessary;
- Preparing draft correspondence pertaining to various family and estate matters for review, approval, and use by attorneys;
- Assisting in taking notes during client meetings;
- Serve as a point of contact for clients by providing ongoing case updates;
- Monitoring court required deadlines; and,
- Other duties as required.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Law clerk diploma;
- Minimum two (2) years’ family experience;
- In depth knowledge of the Family Law Rules and Civil Procedures;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and as a team, in a fast-paced environment and multi-task;
- Exceptional attention to detail; and,
- Ability to work overtime when needed.
Refcio & Associates is an equal-opportunity firm. We take affirmative action to ensure that all applicants and employees are treated without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Please provide a cover letter and resume. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.