Permanent full-time position for 35 hours per week.
Remuneration: Highly competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Refcio & Associates is a full-service law firm with offices in London, Burlington and Toronto. We are seeking an experienced Family Law Clerk to join our multi-lawyer firm to work in London on a full-time basis. This position will be responsible for providing administrative and legal support pertaining to various family law and estate matters in our fast-paced office environment. The successful candidate will be a well-rounded, organized individual, committed to excellence, and dedicated to continuous professional development.
The main responsibilities for this role will include:
- Using your attention to detail, accuracy and proper grammar to transcribe, type and proofread correspondence and legal documents;
- Answer calls directed to the Family Law Department and contacting clients to obtain information requested by clerk and lawyer;
- Maintain lawyers’ calendars by schedule phone calls, client meetings and new consultations as instructed;
- Ensure lawyers and law clerks have all requested documentation prior to meetings or legal proceedings in an organized fashion;
- Further process incoming mail and faxes that are directed to the Family Law Department;
- Preparing mail to go out and arranging for couriers as needed;
- Register lawyers for continuing education programs as requested;
- Electronic and physical filing;
- Open and closing files both paper and electronic;
- Scanning, photocopying and organizing files;
- Other duties as required.
The successful candidate will meet the following:
- Ability to provide excellent customer service;
- Highly disciplined in time-management and organizational skills;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment;
- Thorough attention to detail; and,
- Flexible to work additional hours when needed.
Refcio & Associates is an equal-opportunity firm. We take affirmative action to ensure that all applicants and employees are treated without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Please provide a cover letter and resume. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.